Friday, May 30, 2008

May 30, 2008 My First Tomato!


The first tomato plant to set fruit was.....one of Phil's Rainbow mix! I won't have any idea what kind of tomato this is until it is ripe hehehe but it was sure nice to check this morning and find this tiny little 'mater!
Lets see what am I actually growing? Pole-Lima, Christmas Speckled Large (Well that is what the package said heheh), Henderson's Lima, a mixture of Kentucky and Blue Lake pole beans, about six different varieties of cucumbers including a few parthenocarpic ones, the luffa, a yellow squash that said to thin to only 4 inches apart (can't wait to see if that works or not!) a zucchini that is parthenocarpic, Peppers I have at least a dozen varieties in pots-Gypsy, Cherry Bomb, Poblano, Giant Marconi, Sweet Banana, Jalapeno, Habanero, Jamaican Hot, Long Slim Cayenne, Tangerine Bell, Chocolate Bell and a bunch of regular green bells. Tomatoes I got at least 20 types growing this year all heirlooms. Butternut squash, oh yeah and purple tomatillo. I missed a bunch of stuff I know because that does not include the herbs I have scattered around everywhere or the strawberry's either! I guess I need to go take individual pictures so I know what it is I am growing! Whoops, forgot Okra, Swiss Chard, Collards, Turnips, Lettuce and Radishes....Guess I have a pretty big garden!
Watermelons and Pumpkins are still in pots....

No comments: