Wednesday, May 28, 2008

New House, New Garden, New Everything

Well we moved in about six weeks ago and we are still not moved in! I immediately started planting and trying to figure out where to plant things! No tiller, no money, this will be fun! So far I have reused some wire fence and posts to give beans and cukes somewhere to grow, they are planted in the holes of concrete blocks! I have had much success with blocks before so am not worried about them!

There was an old 55 gallon barrel sliced in half lengthwise in the back yard, I think the previous tenants used it for water dishes for thier dogs hehehe! Well I filled them up with topsoil, composted manure and peat and a handful of this and that and mixed it all up and planted in them. Of course the dirt settled so much I had to fill some more barrels up pronto and transplant all my squash. It is not doing so well but maybe it will make a comeback.

Tomatoes are in pots with posts, and as of tomorrow some will be in straw bales. I am both excited and scared about sticking a tomato in a straw bale! After that it will be the hole method!

Well lets see how to post the pictures of the ugly garden. These are from about a week ago.

No comments: